Sunday 10 October 2010

Week 4

Learning about behaviour management was very useful. Being unable to control a class is big worry, which is why I found the lecture very useful. I also have read the book “getting the buggers to behave”. Knowing about some of the techniques available to help control a situation and prevent conflict from occurring will be very useful, and I believe that this knowledge will enable me to develop good behaviour management skill. ICT, numeracy and literacy in science are all essential , as these cross-curricular areas of the national curriculum are essential science. Although I have used data-loggers before, and I understand the pros and cons associated with their use, I did not find this lecture useful at all. Each data logger is different, I may never use this type of data logger again and it is completely different operating each type of data logger. Again I had more practice in planning assessments during the lectures this week. Working from a scheme of work I had the opportunity to plan activities with emphasis on the plenary for each activity.
I also had my placement induction visit this week. I enjoyed it a lot as I had the opportunity to meet the staff and pupils who I will be working within a few weeks. The school was nice, and the pupils seem to be well behaved.  I think that the students will be a bit challenging in the sense that they seem to be quite cheeky, but other than that they seem very bright, and genuinely work quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment